Advertisement
Advertisement

新足迹

找回密码
 注册
新足迹 门户 我爱我家 查看内容

搬家有感

2019-4-21 21:24| 发布者: 悉尼浪子 | 查看: 5048| 原文链接

The day has finally come – I will be moving to Brisbane tomorrow.

Almost 15 years ago, I came to Sydney by myself with only a laptop, a luggage and a bank cheque. Over the years, even though a lot of stuff were thrown away every time I move, I still manage to accumulate a whole garage of personal belongings.

I have lived in a total of 8 suburbs in Sydney. First in Mascot, back when I was at homestay, then Kensington, Pagewood and Eastlakes, back when I was in the university; Strathfield, Carramar and Revesby, back when I was saving for my first home and then, Bankstown and Liverpool. And now, to a different city, or should I say, a different state.

Almost all of them were by choice, except one was by circumstance where I wanted to go back to China to see my family for the first time in 5 years after my PR visa was granted.

For a lot of people, I suppose, moving is hectic, a both time consuming and energy intense task. Obviously, you will need to find a new place first, either buying a new property or finding a new rental, and then the planning, the packing, the moving, the unpacking, the cleaning and changing of address.

For me, I don’t consider moving as a task, rather, an opportunity to experience something new. I tend to stay at one place only for a short period of time, after a while, once I have explored all the surroundings, I get bored. The idea of moving will start to emerge and I will be making plans for the change. Comparing with the benefits of experiencing something different once in a while, all the hassles that moving home will cause are well worth it.

Wish myself a safe trip to Brisbane tomorrow.
Advertisement
Advertisement

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部