|
|
此文章由 villa 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 villa 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
悉尼两家主要大报《悉尼晨锋报》和《每日电讯报》互相竞争“斗法”。
《每日电讯报》在今天抢得这则头版头条独家新闻:一封匿名举报信。
《悉尼晨锋报》不久就在其网页上刊出另一则新闻,称警方否定这封信的存在。
今天下午,《每日电讯报》网页又针锋相对登出下面这条新闻,援引林家委任律师沈寒冰的话说,沈律师确实已将这封详细写有两名疑凶名字的匿名信转交给警方,而且是两周之前。
沈寒冰表示,专案组可能是出于某种考虑而予以否认,他也不会因此而责怪警方,他认为警方的调查工作已经做得很好。
Lin family lawyer confirms he passed murder letter on to police
* From: The Daily Telegraph
* August 20, 2009 12:05AM
LIN lawyer Daniel Sheen has broken his silence today to confirm he passed on a letter naming the family's alleged killers to police.
"I have passed a number of letters to police,'' he said.
Homicide Squad Commander, Detective Superintendent Geoff Beresford today appeared to contradict today's report in The Daily Telegraph, which broke the story of the letter's existence.
"There was no letter given to police by Mr Sheen as referred to in the media article,'' Supt Beresford told a news conference.
"Investigators have not received any letter from the solicitor as indicated in the media reports."
However, Mr Sheen said he handed over several letters, including one which named two alleged murderers, about two weeks ago.
They may have fallen "through a crack'' in the police investigation, but Mr Sheen said he was not critical of police.
"I think they are doing a good job,'' he said.
The two-page letter is apparently one of many which have flooded in since Mr Lin, his wife Lillie, their two sons and Mrs Lin's sister Yun Bin "Irene" Lin were found bludgeoned to death in their home last month.
Written in English, it was sent to Mr Sheen's World Tower offices and immediately passed to police, a family source told The Daily Telegraph yesterday.
"(Mr Sheen) received a letter naming two people. It had a lot of details," the source said.
"It's not his job to find the suspect. It is his job to look after the family. He gave the letter to police."
Earlier, Mr Sheen had declined to comment. It is understood that he and the Lin family have been gagged by an exclusive deal with Channel 9's 60 Minutes program, believed to be worth $200,000.
But the lawyer broke his silence today after police denied receiving the letter.
Supt Beresford criticised a constant "drip feed" of leaks about the investigation, claiming the Lin family had not been made aware of any letters before today's report.
He said investigators were in "constant contact'' with Mr Sheen and the family, and had spoken to the lawyer this morning.
"I am not at liberty to talk about the nature of that conversation we've had with him - that's confidential,'' Supt Beresford said.
However, Mr Sheen denied keeping Lin family members in the dark, saying they had been fully informed about the letters. |
评分
-
查看全部评分
|