新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· 说一说墨尔本Doncaster Hill Strategy这个“龙脉”传说的前世今生。 (2015-4-12) MELGD · 做职业妇女还是家庭主妇 (2007-10-30) sail
· 玫瑰花 淡淡的香气 (2009-5-30) tritri · 误人子弟两三年之七 (2008-6-18) astina
Advertisement
Advertisement
查看: 1613|回复: 0

献给在犹豫要不要买Playbook 的TX。 [复制链接]

2010年度奖章获得者

发表于 2011-7-20 15:22 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 dalaohu 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 dalaohu 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
BlackBerry PlayBook woes; update pulled and product manager moves to Samsung

Playbook 的 OS Update被撤销, 产品经理跳槽去了 三星。

I bought a BlackBerry PlayBook back in April when they launched and since then we have seen at least one update a month. There was a 1.07 update (July update) that went live early on Tuesday morning, but CrackBerry.com reported that it has been pulled back down and is no longer available. We also heard that the PlayBook senior product manager left for Samsung and it seems to be a frustrating time for PlayBook owners.

I did not bring my PlayBook with me today so I could not update it and when I arrived home my device showed that no updates were available. I understand that people who did perform the update had problems with the BlackBerry Bridge functionality, but since I just sent back the evaluation BlackBerry smartphone I would not have noticed this anyway.

RIM really needs to deliver the stand alone PIM apps and Android support soon or I may be giving up on my PlayBook too. I like the form factor, the web browser is awesome, the Kobo eReader is decent, and there is lots of potential with the device. However, something can have all the potential in the world and still fail without direction or continued support.

It is not very comforting when the BlackBerry Senior Product Manager leaves to take a position as the Director of Product Marketing at Samsung Mobile either. I don’t know if Mr. Bidan was the company champion of the PlayBook and drove things or if he was a reason for delays in getting the PIM apps out, but the message coming from RIM is not that encouraging.

Now that HP is delivering on some of its upgrade promises (Kindle app and Media Store launches) I may have to reconsider the HP TouchPad instead of the PlayBook or just forget both and stick with my iPad and HTC Flyer. Does the news of the pulled software update and executive departure discourage your PlayBook plans?

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/mobile ... ves-to-samsung/4914
足迹 Reader is phenomenal. If you never used, you never lived 火速下载
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部