新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· 面模篇 (2005-1-27) 短腿小鳄鱼 · 评点近期的热盘和各大华人地产中介 (2010-11-4) 令狐不冲
· 川味粉蒸肉 (2009-3-16) tintin1976 · 阿德雷得的私校简况, 64楼列有几所比较有名的公校(中学) (2010-8-11) daffodil
Advertisement
Advertisement
查看: 1456|回复: 4

[评书论文] A Short Review of Joseph Heller's Catch-22 [复制链接]

发表于 2021-5-14 19:38 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 hedgehog 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 hedgehog 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
I enjoy the humour and irony in the first part of the novel very much. But the novel speaks to me at a level deeper than that. I do not agree that this novel is about war or anti-war (even if that might have been what Joseph Heller had intended it to be), just like I do not agree that Little Red Riding Hood is a story about human's relationship with big bad wolf. This novel is about the senseless and hopeless situation that an ordinary man can find himself in when his life is controlled by an unsympathetic, badly-managed, demoralized system that has lost its purpose, where the men at top are preoccupied with advancing their own interests and mismanage everything at the expense of all the enlisted men whose survival is under constant threat, less from the flak of enemy fire, but more from their own generals and colonels. I believe many of us can relate to that without having to have experienced wars. Towards the end of the novel, it becomes more engrossing but also very sad as the characters I have grown to care fall victims to the system one by one. I'm very glad the book provides a Shawshank Redemption kind of ending, with a hope. That part got my eyes moistened. This is a great book, but probably not for all readers.

评分

参与人数 2积分 +10 收起 理由
虞宅与美丽 + 5 感谢分享
缓缓 + 5 感谢分享

查看全部评分

Advertisement
Advertisement

退役斑竹 2012年度奖章获得者 2009年度奖章获得者

发表于 2021-5-14 19:42 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 缓缓 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 缓缓 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
楼主经常用英文写写读后感吗

谢谢分享,有意思

发表于 2021-5-14 20:03 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 hedgehog 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 hedgehog 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
缓缓 发表于 2021-5-14 18:42
楼主经常用英文写写读后感吗

谢谢分享,有意思

读的英文小说,就用英文写了。写得不多。近几年正在进行思维上的脱胎换骨,改用英文思维。

评分

参与人数 1积分 +5 收起 理由
虞宅与美丽 + 5 感谢分享

查看全部评分

2017年度勋章 2018年度勋章

发表于 2021-5-21 11:35 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 虞宅与美丽 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 虞宅与美丽 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
换骨有啥新进展吗?期待更多分享。

发表于 2021-5-24 17:54 |显示全部楼层
虞宅与美丽 发表于 2021-5-21 10:35
换骨有啥新进展吗?期待更多分享。

正在一步步地走,比较艰难。目前的手段就是大量阅读书籍。

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部