与此同时,赛会筹备过程中也出现了一系列争议。

选手们在社交媒体上对隔离安排表达了强烈不满。

由于与新冠确诊病例同一航班抵达,72名选手被视为密切接触人员,被限制在酒店房间里隔离两周。

世界排名13的Roberto Bautista Agut将隔离区比喻为有Wi-Fi的“监狱”,随后他对该言论致歉。

哈萨克斯坦选手Yulia Putintseva则对其房间里的老鼠抱怨不已。

这位世界排名第28的女选手在社交媒体上表达了她对老鼠事件的不满,说老鼠害得她整夜无法入眠。

26岁的她在本周早些时候也加入抗议隔离的活动,她分享了一张自己举着牌子的照片,牌子上写着“我们需要新鲜空气”。

澳网主任Craig Tiley呼吁不满的选手停止在网上抱怨。

他说:“最让我生气的是,如果你有什么不满可以来找我,不要通过媒体拿工作人员撒气,拿墨尔本撒气,拿整个澳大利亚撒气。没必要这要做,如果你需要一个出气筒就来找我好了。”

他还指出对于澳网工作人员遭受到的不公投诉而感到“内心受伤”。

“如果你有什么问题,请来找我,我会毫无怨言的来处理。但是问题在于,如果工作人员对网球满怀热忱,对参赛选手满怀喜爱,他们不分昼夜的辛苦工作然而并没有得到很高的薪水,却受到如此对待,那真的是太伤人了。”

世界排名第一的Novak Djokovic表示他最近的一系列表态被“误解”了。

他发推说:“我在墨尔本对其他选手的好意被误解成自私,难相处以及忘恩负义。”

“要知道在赛前无法训练和做充足的准备真的很难。”

在此之前,他曾向组织者提出一系列要求,包括在房间中配备健身器材,提供更好的食物以及允许球员搬到带网球场的私人住宅里以便可以进行更多训练。

他的这些要求被拒绝了。

原文链接:

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/new ... 4db53c0d37912d017f9

About a quarter of Australians say the Australian Open should be cancelled, according to new research.

A Roy Morgan survey revealed a third of people want the tennis tournament postponed.

Results from the survey, released on Thursday night, showed 36 per cent want the event to start on February 8, as planned.

The survey of 1648 Australians found 26 per cent wanted the grand slam scrapped altogether, 18 per cent said it should be postponed by a week and 20 per cent said it should be pushed back to later in the year.

It comes amid a string of controversies associated with the tournament build-up.

There has been intense backlash to players venting on social media about the quarantine arrangements.

Seventy two players have been confined to their hotel rooms for two weeks after being classed as close contacts due to being on the same flight as COVID-positive cases.

World No 13 Roberto Bautista Agut likened the quarantine to “prison, but with Wi-Fi” however he later apologised for the comment.

There were also grumblings from Kazakh player Yulia Putintseva about mice in her room.

The World No 28 shared her anger at the mouse situation on social media, saying she couldn’t sleep.

The 26-year-old had earlier in the week staged her own lockdown protest, sharing a photo of herself holding a sign that read “we need fresh air to breathe”.

Australian Open tournament director Craig Tiley called on disgruntled competitors to stop ranting online.

“What really upset me the most is if you’ve got a complaint come to me, don’t go on social media and take it out on the staff, take it out on the Melbourne community, take it out on Australia. Don’t do that. If you want to have a crack, at least come to me,” he said.

He said he was “hurt” that Tennis Australia staff were copping complaints from players.

“If you’ve got a complaint, come to me. I don’t have any problem with handling it. But I do have a problem if it’s someone that has been working round the clock and doesn’t get paid a lot of money and has a great passion for the game, loves the players, and is being treated like that. That hurts.”

World No 1 Novak Djokovic said his recent string of complaints had been “misconstrued”.

“My good intentions for my fellow competitors in Melbourne have been misconstrued as being selfish, difficult and ungrateful,” he posted to Twitter.

“Not being able to train and prepare before the tournament starts is really not easy.”

It came after he sent a list of demands to organisers, including having exercise equipment in rooms, better food and allowing players to move to private houses with tennis courts for more training.

His requests were rejected.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部