cpa2007 发表于 2011-10-13 15:27

could any one give me thoughts in relation to the folloiwngs : -

(1) Power of buyer ?Still Low (indirect impact of online shopping, take a while to influence)or High (some shops has gone)
(2) Power of rivalry ?Low (few major player , regional ) orHigh ( life cycle stage-: "mature"- intensive competition)
(3) Online Purchase is rivalry or substitute ?

Thanks lot

maidywang 发表于 2011-10-13 15:30

回复 yonei999 60# 帖子

thanks mate!

Lee2 发表于 2011-10-13 19:30

Clarify power of buyer & currect/future impact of industry growth

Hi guys,

Thanks for put efforts for the discussion.

1. I think we have to analyse physical stores for the power of buyers while analyse end consumers for the power of buyers' buyers.

2. for apply TEMPLES, do we analyse the impact of key issues on Currect / Future industry growth together or seperate ?

can anyone give some ideas about that?

Cheers

Lee

XR8 发表于 2011-10-13 22:23

原帖由 yonei999 于 2011-10-11 23:02 发表 http://www.oursteps.com.au/bbs/images/common/back.gif
There is no clear mention of suppliers for shopping centres but if you insist you can reasonably infer utility suppliers and marketing service provider etc from para 1, page 2 of preseen material

I just came up with 2 - council who approves development proposal and banks who provide funding

Also I think it is worth to spend few extra minute to prepare what if the exam question is actually asking "online shopping industry"

my thoughts only...

chun4u 发表于 2011-10-13 22:28

原帖由 Lee2 于 2011-10-13 20:30 发表 http://www.oursteps.com.au/bbs/images/common/back.gif
Hi guys,

Thanks for put efforts for the discussion.

1. I think we have to analyse physical stores for the power of buyers while analyse end consumers for the power of buyers' buyers.

2. for apply...

Pt1, agreed.the shopping centre owner revenue was come from the traffic and retail space of the shopping centre. Shopping centre owner profit will be reduced.

Pt 2, both current and future Is almost likely the same, so whatever the question they ask ,ur answer would be fine in general.

chun4u 发表于 2011-10-13 22:29

原帖由 XR8 于 2011-10-13 23:23 发表 http://www.oursteps.com.au/bbs/images/common/back.gif

I just came up with 2 - council who approves development proposal and banks who provide funding

Also I think it is worth to spend few extra minute to prepare what if the exam question is actually...
I did think about that before. However, the title of this case is about the shopping centre owner and it's industry, as u seen in the para 1 . Aus CPA usually won't be that tricky!

chun4u 发表于 2011-10-13 22:37

原帖由 mandymei 于 2011-10-13 09:33 发表 http://www.oursteps.com.au/bbs/images/common/back.gif
I put N/A to these three factors, cause this case does mention too much.
But how do you address Society/Culture?

Thanks,

For social and Culture:

1. The trend of shopping online since they can shop globally rather then just physical store.
2. People are influenced by recommendations from friends , online review rather than the advestisment or information from stores.
3. Shopping is a partly entertainment now, it is a information gathering and social interaction.
4. Most people will check online e.g price, size,etc before the purchase. meaning People are shopping smarter, get the best price

kreuz777 发表于 2011-10-13 23:22

I'm wondering what is the M arket issues for TEMPLES?
Is the "In Australia, a few major players determine market trends and consumer offerings; This has allowed some large retailers to become slow and lacking in innovation" can be inclued? thanks

cathytomorrow 发表于 2011-10-13 23:29

原帖由 yonei999 于 2011-10-12 23:44 发表 http://www.oursteps.com.au/bbs/images/common/back.gif
for anyone that's unable to copy and paste directly from the preseen exam material. try Advanced PDF Password Recovery to unlock the file. sorry I was unable to upload the file cuz of the cap of 80k.. ...

Thanks for that. But it says it can only do 10% of the whole artical as its only a trial version of the software.

pinky1030 发表于 2011-10-13 23:47

suppliers' suppliers

Hi,

Anyone thinking of suppliers' suppliers (in this case means manufacturers) to be included into 5 forces with power medium to high?

the reason being "given that the manufactrurer can now market and sell directly to the consumer, has access to more range and inventory than the retailer, and possibly cares more about brand experience than does the retailers, the available margin will shift back to the manufacturer"?

please feel free to discuss. cheers.

chun4u 发表于 2011-10-13 23:53

原帖由 yonei999 于 2011-10-11 23:02 发表 http://www.oursteps.com.au/bbs/images/common/back.gif
There is no clear mention of suppliers for shopping centres but if you insist you can reasonably infer utility suppliers and marketing service provider etc from para 1, page 2 of preseen material

Partly agreed, For supplier, since the Shopping Centre Industry was relied on the number of Physical stores (i.e. supplier), the reduce in physical store will decrease its revenue.

Therefore , for 5 forces:
Supplier power is medium; Supplier can sell their product to customer directly via online rather than from physical store.

pinky1030 发表于 2011-10-13 23:58

回复 mandymei 49# 帖子

Isnt the buyer here the physical shops? If so, according to the text the physical shop is about to phase out, shouldn't it has less power bargaining with shopping center?

yonei999 发表于 2011-10-14 00:57

回复 cathytomorrow 69# 帖子

Try this serial no: PDFP-V8F6-5W7J-HDUY-K6QQJ-DBJY-G5ZWV

It's for v2.21 pro

sofiwy 发表于 2011-10-14 01:04

re "high street & indepent retail will suffer...",   what are they considered as ??? also distribution /customer services through e-biz , job decline,are they relevant for shopping centre in here ?

SS power : no info here
S power: no info here@chu4u, i think you defined suppliers power based on aus retail industry
buyer power : M & decreasing , - direct impact from online, + social interaction

[ 本帖最后由 sofiwy 于 2011-10-14 02:06 编辑 ]

yonei999 发表于 2011-10-14 01:52

回复 sofiwy 74# 帖子

1. re "high street & indepent retail will suffer..."

2. in terms of employment, winners in IT/logistics sectors and losers in retailers sectors.

Both of them are irrelevant.

SS power: no mention in the case.
S power: no mention in the case. or you may mention utility suppliers and marketing service providers
B power: that 's a very interesting point - one could argue it's decreasing since the less physical store space requirement detriments the bargaining power of the retail. one may also argue B power is increasing because they are less dependent on the funnelling function of the SC

chun4u 发表于 2011-10-14 02:25

原帖由 yonei999 于 2011-10-14 02:52 发表 http://www.oursteps.com.au/bbs/images/common/back.gif

2. in terms of employment, winners in IT/logistics sectors and losers in retailers sectors.

SS power: no mention in ...
Sorry a bit confusing, how come the utility and marketing service provider can be the "supplier"? what the relationship btw them?

cpa2007 发表于 2011-10-14 10:10

原帖由 yonei999 于 2011-10-14 02:52 发表 http://www.oursteps.com.au/bbs/images/common/back.gif

SS power: no mention in ...

could you give me thoughts in relation to the folloiwngs : -

(1) Power of buyer ?Still Low (indirect impact of online shopping, take a while to influence)or High (some shops has gone)
(2) Power of rivalry ?Low (few major player , regional ) orHigh ( life cycle stage-: "mature"- intensive competition)
(3) Online Purchase is rivalry or substitute ?

Thanks lot

mandymei 发表于 2011-10-14 10:27

回复 pinky1030 72# 帖子

Case mentioned that the physical store can decide where they want to be located, and less reliant on the funnelling through shopping centre. which the store can:
1. operation business outside the SC;
2. offering online shopping experience (low prices and vast range, plus easy to use software) to attract the consumer and try to capture the purchase.

pinky1030 发表于 2011-10-14 12:44

回复 mandymei 78# 帖子

cheers! i agreed with increasing power of B after second review

nokjo86 发表于 2011-10-14 14:07

From my view I think:
the industry should be shopping centre industry
Supplier - Manufacturer/brand - power - mid and increasing as they can forward integrating online
Buyer - retailer - power - low but increasing although they are suffering by online retail however neccerisity of having a store in shopping centre is decreasing as the traffic is decreasing in the mall
Buyer-buyer - customer - power - high - more knowledge and option
Substitutes - high - shop online
Extrants - low - strong barrier - request high capital

Anyone have any suggestion to that?

cpa2007 发表于 2011-10-14 14:35

回复 nokjo86 80# 帖子

agree with youabout your points. how about rivalry?

nokjo86 发表于 2011-10-14 14:54

I will suggest that rivalry is mid to low as the industry is dominated by few compeitiors, also the industry is in pre shake-out which many is leaving.

But I think I am a bit confused with supplier and buyer. Cause the supplier want to get a shop to disturbute their item eventually become their buyer who rent their shop. Or..its possible that the shopping centre pay the brand to operate and rent their shop here

cpa2007 发表于 2011-10-14 15:16

回复 nokjo86 82# 帖子

Thanks for your response.

For your questions, it depends on how you define "supplier", from what I understand suppliers of shopping centre would be utility suppliers or maintaining service provider. In this case, they are minor group and have less power compared to others.
In terms of buyer, I suggested that the no. of shops will decrease, but it will take a while, most of the retailer still need to have a physical shop and a shop in a shopping centre will attract more consumer traffic. Hence, the buyer power is still low but increasing.
Feel free to make comments.

nokjo86 发表于 2011-10-14 15:49

Actually you are right it has been already mentioned in the preseen paper "the industry comprises companies that build, develop and manage shopping centres."which indicate the supplier will be common labour, capital and raw material supplier.

[ 本帖最后由 nokjo86 于 2011-10-14 17:08 编辑 ]

nokjo86 发表于 2011-10-14 16:46

Therefore I think supplier's power is mid to low, cause the most critical element of buliding a shopping centre is the supply of land which is pretty costly these days especially for a convinence location althought other material is considerably commons and with lots of suppliers.

nokjo86 发表于 2011-10-14 17:54

Has anyone done Temples and willing to discuss the answer?

Also you reckon there will be answer for the basic of competition?

Victorialiu1 发表于 2011-10-14 19:40

does anyone define the industry as Australia Retail industry? i recalled when i attend the workshop. the lady gave us the example of Westfield. and she said it is retail industry, the biggest competitor is ebay. Does anybody remember this?? any ideas?

Thanks

mandymei 发表于 2011-10-14 21:45

回复 Victorialiu1 87# 帖子

I'm frightened by this new define. if it's the case, i need to restructure my whole preparations for case 1.
Anyone else could confirm this?

thanks,

Victorialiu1 发表于 2011-10-14 22:07

回复 mandymei 88# 帖子

[ 本帖最后由 Victorialiu1 于 2011-10-15 00:03 编辑 ]

Victorialiu1 发表于 2011-10-14 22:08

m

[ 本帖最后由 Victorialiu1 于 2011-10-15 00:04 编辑 ]
页: 1 2 [3] 4 5
查看完整版本: CPA 117 2011 S2 Case 1 The impact of online shopping on shopping centres討論

Advertisement
Advertisement